1. I started by colouring some white modelling chocolate pale blue. I then measured this against my other monsters for size. From this I then divided a piece for his main body, two small pieces for his arms and a small piece for his tongue. Taking the main piece for his body, I rolled a Oval shape. I then took a thin 4 inch cake board and held the body in place. I then used my fingers to gently push the edges of the base of the body down to the board. I then used a damp paintbrush to smooth.
2. I then made his two eye sockets using a Ball Tool. With a Dresden Tool I then marked two eyebrows and gently pinched the top of each one with my finger tips. I then took two small pieces of white modelling chocolate and rolled them into two smooth balls for eyes. I then dabbed the eye sockets with Edible glue and secured the eyes inside. Next I marked out the shape of his mouth using a Dresden Tool. I then dug the inside out using a small palette knife. I then smoothed it down with a damp paintbrush. With my Dresden Tool I then carefully went around the edges of the mouth gently pushing upwards to create the impression of a top lip and downwards to create a bottom lip.
I then took the piece of blue modelling chocolate than I’d put aside for the tongue. I rolled this into a ball and lightly flattened it between my fingers. I dabbed the inside of the mouth with glue and placed the tongue inside. With a Dresden Tool I marked a line down the centre. I then painted the inside of his mouth black using Isopropyl Alcohol and Black Magic Rainbow Dust. I then shaded his tongue, lips, eyes, eyebrows and body with Navy Rainbow Dust.
I then took small pieces of white modelling chocolate to make his teeth. They are pointy teeth so I rolled a tiny ball and then used my fingers to roll one end into a thin point. I then dabbed the top and bottom of his mouth with glue and then secured the teeth into place using a cocktail stick.
3. I then painted the detail of his eyes using Rainbow Dust mixed with Isopropyl Alcohol. I then dusted the spots on his body with Rainforest Green.
4. I then took some White modelling chocolate and coloured it Yellow. I divided into a piece for the main jacket, a piece for his hat and a piece for accessories such as his collar, cuffs and buttons. I then rolled out the piece for his main jacket thinly. I held this around the body to check the size. Using a Cutting Wheel I then cut a long Rectangle. I dabbed his body with glue and placed the jacket around in position. With a Dresden Tool I then made the markings on his jacket as well as two pockets either side.
I then divided the piece I’d left aside for his hat into a piece for the peak, a piece for the main part of the hat and a piece for the ball on top. I rolled a ball from the piece for the main part of his hat. I then carefully cut it in half with a palette knife. I secured it on to his head with glue. With a Dresden tool I then marked a trim along the bottom and two lines over the top of the hat to created a pattern. I then painted two of these White using Snow Drift Rainbow Dust. Next I took the piece I’d left aside for his peak. I flattened it between my fingers and then using a Cutting Wheel I cut out the shape of a peak. I then dabbed the front of the hat with glue and secured the peak on at an angle so as it was sticking up. I then took the piece for the ball on top and rolled a tiny ball then secured it into position with glue.
I then painted his pockets Orange using Edible Art Orangeade Dust.
5. I then took the piece I’d left aside for the the jacket accessories. From this I took a piece for his collar and the trim around the bottom of his jacket. I rolled both pieces into long thin sausages. I then gently flattened them against my work surface. I then ran a Stitching Wheel along them repeatedly to create the knitted effect. Using a Cutting Wheel I then cut them both into long thing Rectangles. I dabbed the top and the bottom of his jacket with glue and secured both trims into place. Once dry I painted to orange Stripes along the top and bottom of each one using Edible Art Orangeade. I then took a piece of White modelling chocolate to make the buttons and popper on his jacket. I rolled 9 tiny balls for each side. I attached them with glue. Along one side I used a Cocktail stick to insert a small hole in the centre of each popper. Once dry I painted the buttons Orange and the poppers Silver before painting the centre black.
I then painted the logo on the side of the jacket using Orangeade ‘Babosa 63’. Next I rolled two sausages from the pieces I’d left aside for his arms. I then took a piece of White modelling chocolate and divided into two for his sleeves. I rolled the two pieces out thinly and then cut them both into Rectangles using a Cutting Wheel. I dabbed them with glue and placed each arm on top and then rolled them up into the sleeve. I then blended in the joins with a damp paint brush and created two elbow creases on each one with a Dresden Tool. I then cut the top of each one off at an angle so as it would join against the side of his body perfectly. I dabbed his sides with glue and put the arms into position (one directed upwards so as he was punching the air).
I then took the pieces of Yellow modelling chocolate that I’d left aside for his cuffs and like his collar I rolled them into long thin sausages before gently flattening them. I gave them the knitted effect and then cut them into Rectangles. I dabbed the end of each sleeve with glue and placed the cuffs around so as the join was at the back.